Below are 10, easy-to-implement, brain-boosting hacks that 4 time USA memory champion (Nelson Dellis) tries to include in his daily memory training, studying, and reading sessions.
- Wake up early - Reduces distractions as well as boosts productivity.
- Be a bit hungry - Produces hormones that promote memory.
- Exercise - Increase the size of your hippocampus.
- Chew gum - Can improve mental performance by 25%.
- Learn something new - Changes the chemistry in your brain and trains you to learn faster.
- Set a timer and focus - Focusing for short times bursts allows for deeper work.
- Add an element of risk - Increasing risk amplifies focus and enhances performance.
- Eat brain foods -
- DHA Omega-3
- Dark chocolate
- Vary your location - Changing locations improved retention.
- Try the other hand - Using your opposite hand strengthens neural connections in your brain.
- Brushing teeth
- Pouring drinks
- Opening jars
The connection between nutrition and brain health is well understood. The essential fats and vital nutrients required to support brain health and performance are however difficult to attain through diet alone.
All Brain Armor Super Omega+ products are formulated to bridge this dietary gap with clinically-proven ingredients at the ideal ratio essential for the growth, maintenance and performance of healthy brain cells. Brain Armor also helps support a healthy immune system.*
All Products contain an ultra-pure, algal source of Omega-3s with a 2:1 ratio of DHA:EPA, Vitamins D3 & E, MCTs from coconut oil, and natural flavors.
Sources for each one, for further reading:
1. Proactive People Are Morning People
2. Hungry for Better Memory
3. The Influence of Exercise on Cognitive Abilities
4. Cognitive advantages of chewing gum. Now you see them, now you don’t
5. 12 foods to boost brain function
6. "Rise of Superman" (by Kotler), pg. 101
7. Can Left-Handedness be Switched? Insights from an Early Switch of Handwriting
8. Temporal and Spatial Dynamics of Brain Structure Changes during Extensive Learning
9. The Pomodoro Technique®
10. Forget What You Know About Good Study Habits
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the Author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views, policy or position of Trident Brands Incorporated or affiliated entities. It is important to understand that while a dietary supplement may have been shown through clinical study to be beneficial for certain health conditions, they are not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or alleviate the effects of any disease. Please also note that Bryce Wylde has a pre-existing financial relationship with Trident Brands as Chief Innovation Officer.
Most importantly, the content herein is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health practitioner with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.